Grants for Biology Major

The US government, in partnership with private institutions, state universities and colleges, offer grants for biology major. The goal of such grants is to assist qualified, smart but financially strapped students to pursue science majors, thereby ‘promoting progress of biological sciences’.

USDA/1890 National Scholarship Program

This is a grant for student who attends one of the 1890 historically Black land grant universities. The requirements are, you must be willing to work full-time at the Department of Agriculture after graduating, you must be a graduating high school senior or a college junior, you must be willing to transfer to an accredited 1890 university if you are enrolled in other universities, you must be a US citizen, you need to show a high school G.E. certificate, your high school cumulative grade-point average (GPA) must be 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale, you must have a combined written, math, verbal 1,500 SAT score.

For more inquiries, contact the US Department of Agriculture.

USDA, 1400 Independence Ave., SW Washington, DC 20250
Hot line : (202)720-2791


Offers grant for biology major, together with Grand Valley State University. You may avail of the grant by complying with the following requirements: (1) Completed ED 200 or ED 315 with a grade B- or better, (2) A completed FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), (3) An undergraduate with a cumulative 3.25 grade-point average (GPA), (4) An above 75 percentile college entrance exam score. For more enquiries, contact thru e-mail or postal address.

U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, Southwest, Washington DC 20202
Telephone number : 800-872-5327
GVSU number : 616-331-3234; 800-748-0246


Extends grants for biology major or majors in field of natural sciences. The applicant is required to have a high school GPA (grade point average) of 3.8, a top 5% rank of the class, a letter of recommendation, and be willing to do a community service. For more information, contact.

Ripon College
Ripon, Wisconsin, 300 Seward Street,
PO BOX 248 Ripon, Wisconsin
Telephone number : 549-710-248; (800)947-4766


This is open to students who aspires to pursue health-related careers and render community service. The applicant must present proof of financial need through the school’s financial aid office. The prospective grant recipient must be enrolled in a US college or university and shall be entering 2nd year in Fall 2011 or a second year undergraduate. For other questions, contact the following addresses and phone numbers below.

500 Victory Road Quincy MA 02171
Main telephone number : 617-769-6092; 877-320-4347
Main Fax number : 617-479-0860

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: