Federal Grants for Daycare Centers

Daycare centers are the places where busy parents take their kids so that someone can look after them. Many parents all over the country are placing their trust that child care providers are taking good care of their children. To have a quality child care, daycare centers are much needed. The place must have the necessary tools that will educate and care for the kids.

Community Facility Grant

The Community Facility Grant program is made open to every public entity like the counties, municipalities, non-profit organizations, as well as the tribal governments by the USDA Rural Development. The program will provide funding that will assist the development of the significant and essential facilities that are much needed in the rural areas having a population of 20,000 or lower. The lower the number of populations is, the lower the levels of income and they will receive higher percentage from the grant funding. The grants can be utilized in enlarging, constructing, or even enhancing facilities that are community-based and intended for the community and public services. Day care centers are fit in these categories. Interested applicants must go to the local office of the USDA Rural Development. Contact them at (202) 720 – 4581.

United States Department of Agriculture Rural Development
Room 205-W
1400 Independence Avenue SW
Washington, DC 20250-0107

Child and Adult Food Program or the CACFP

Another program by the USDA is the Child and Adult Food Program or simply the CACFP. This program provides grants to states. The selected educational agency will administer the program in every state. The CACFP will serve meals that are delicious and nutritious to children attending daycare centers. Eligible for these programs are public and private entities, non-profits organizations, Head Start programs, as well as educational institutions provided that they are fully licensed and approved to engage in daycare services. Call (202) 720 – 2791 to get more details about the CACFP.

United States Department of Agriculture
1400 Independence Ave., S.W.
Washington, DC 20250

Federal funding from the U.S. Department of Education and the Health and Human Services

The U.S. government, through the Department of Education and the Health and Human Services provides funding to states to help families belonging to low-income with the child care services. If your daycare center is eligible to receive funding from the federal government, apply to the US HHS.

U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
200 Independence Ave., S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: