Temporary Labor Certification for Foreign Workers Grant

What is the aim of the Temporary Labor Certification for Foreign Workers Grant?

To provide greater protection for U.S. and foreign workers while assisting U.S. employers to obtain temporary foreign workers, when needed. Also, to enable agricultural and other employers to obtain foreign workers for temporary or seasonal jobs when domestic workers are not available; and to assure adequate working and living conditions for domestic and foreign workers employed in similar tasks.

Who is Eligible to Apply for the Temporary Labor Certification for Foreign Workers Grant?

H-2A Program: An agricultural employer who anticipates a shortage of U.S. workers needed to perform agricultural labor or services of a temporary or seasonal nature. The employer may be an individual proprietorship, a partnership or a corporation. An association of agricultural producers may file as a sole employer, a joint employer with its members, or as an agent of its members. An authorized agent, whether an individual (e.g., and attorney) or an entity (e.g., an association), may file an application on behalf of an employer. Associations may file master applications on behalf of their members. H-2B Program: The job and the employer’s need must be one time, seasonal, peak load or intermittent; the job must be for less than one year; and there must be no qualified and willing U.S. workers available for the job. An employer can file an application for labor certification with the appropriate National Processing Center of the Employment and Training Administration. State Workforce Agencies are federally funded to issue prevailing wage determinations for foreign labor certification programs.

How and Where to Apply for the Temporary Labor Certification for Foreign Workers Grant?

States and U.S. territories receive these to support federal foieign labor certification activities. They submit work plans each year to provide continued eligibility for the grant. Employers who participate in foreign labor certification programs do not receive funding from these grants, but do benefit from the services offered by these state agencies to recruit U.S. workers for positions before they apply to hire a foreign worker.

Employers contact the appropriate office of the Employment and Training Administration. Also see http://www.doleta.gov/business/gw/guestwkr/ for additional details on specific programs.

For more info on the Temporary Labor Certification for Foreign Workers Grant, contact:

Regional or Local Office
None. Contact the appropriate State Workforce Agency (See Appendix IV) or Employment and Training Administration National Processing Center. The following addresses, phone numbers, and FAX numbers should be used by employers and by State Workforce Agencies for either inquiries or the forwarding of applications materials, as appropriate.

Please note, for all application materials, inquiries, and other correspondence sent to either the Atlanta or Chicago National Processing Center, or the ETA National Office, envelopes should be clearly marked according to the appropriate program type, i.e. H-1B, H-1B1, E-3, H-2A, H-2B, or D-1.

Atlanta Processing Center Address
U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, Harris Tower, 233 Peachtree Street, Suite 410, Atlanta, GA 30303 Phone: (404) 893-0101 FAX: (404) 893-4642. Chicago Processing Center Address: U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, 844 North Rush Street, 12th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611 Phone: (312) 886-8000 FAX: (312) 886-1688.

Headquarters Office
Leticia Sierra, Office of Foreign Labor Certification, Employment and Training Administration Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Avenue, NW, Room C-4312, Washington, District of Columbia 20010
Phone: (202) 693-3010
Email: sierra.leticia@dol.gov
Web Site Address: http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: