Grants for Assisted Living Facilities

To aid seniors in their assisted living facility, the government is offering federal programs that will help individuals and agencies of the state in creating assisted living projects. The projects can be for the repairs of existing facilities, conversion of the housing units to assisted living facilities, and many more. The main objective of the program is to raise the number of assisted living facilities available for senior citizens who are in need of some assistance in their daily activities.

One of the programs is the ALCP or the so-called Assisted Living Conversion Program. ALCP is the one giving grants for assisted living facilities to private and non-profit homeowners who have multi-unit assisted living homes. The program focuses on the conversion of some of the vacant space in the said home units into assisted living facilities that the elderly can use.

Interested applicants must have sufficient rooms that can accommodate spaces for living, recreation area, kitchen and spaces of office work. They must also have the necessary licenses to operate that are given by the state where they are based. The monetary grants they will receive can be utilized for the general conversion objectives. For more details contact the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development at 202-708-1112 or visit their website at You can also go to their office located at 451 7th Street, Southwest, Washington, DC 20410.

What Are Some Grants For Assisted Living Facilities?

The Independent Living State Grants Program is offered to states that are searching for creating independent living facilities as well as for the expansion of their existing services. The States can get grants for assisted living facilities if they are looking for funds that will support the state-wide independent living councils. They can also use the grant to give quality services for the individuals, non-profit and public organizations/institutions that will provide the quality and needed services for the elderly and disabled. They can also make use of the money in order to expand or make improvements to the current contributions and many more. The program is managed by the U.S. Department of Education, OSERS. You can contact them at 202-245-7336 for more in-depth details or go to their official website at

Another grant is the emergency capital repair made for Multifamily Housing Projects Designated for Occupancy. Managed by the HUD or Housing and Urban Development, this program will provide monetary assistance to private and non-profit owners needing to make emergency maintenance to assisted living facilities. The maximum grant that can be awarded is up to $500,000 and must be used for the purpose stated above. For more details, contact the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development at 202-708-1112 or visit their website ( or office located at 451 7th Street, Southwest, Washington, DC 20410.

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

lavaina March 1, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Making independent living for seniors successful is not always easy. It is better to get the family involved and make plans early before retirement age arrives.


John March 1, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Thanks for great article about How Should Assisted Living Work. Assisted living is a residential option for seniors who want or need help with some of the activities of daily living.Residents have as much independence as they want with the knowledge that personal care and support services are available if they need them.


Leave a Comment

{ 1 trackback }

Previous post:

Next post: