Farmers can apply for the Emergency Conservation Program to purchase equipment to perform emergency conservation measures to control the erosion on their farmlands. This program is sponsored by the Department of Agriculture which aims to fund the rehabilitation of farmlands following a natural disaster. They also aim to carry out emergency water conservation during periods of drought. This is open to any agricultural producer who carries a portion of the cost of an approved conservation method in a disaster area.

Who is Eligible to Apply for Equipment Grants?

Any farmland owner is eligible to apply for this financial assistance and grant; however, they must have suffered a natural disaster that has made new conservation problems that, if left alone, would cause irreparable damage or danger to the land.

How to Apply for Equipment Grants?

To apply for this grant, contact the FSA committee in your county since they will be the ones who will determine your eligibility. They will base their decision on individual and on-site inspections.

Where to Apply for Equipment Grants?

Visit the FSA or USDA offices near you to get a list of requirement when applying for this grant. You may also visit their website at

For more information, contact:

Stop 0513
1400 Independence Ave. SW
Washington, DC 20250-0513

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: