What is Albertsons Community Investment grant?
At the core of Albertson’s giving to charity is the notion that to remain a good corporate citizen in a continuing responsibility. In helping to create solid communities the foundation enhances the quality of living for its customers and associates. As a neighbor to their customers in hundreds of communities spread all over the Western United States, the foundation knows that being a good neighbors means providing for their customers beyond the walls of their stores.
Who are eligible for Albertsons Community Investment grant?
Albertsons is focused on providing their customers with Premium Fresh & Healthy experiences each time they would enter the stores. The foundation focuses their support on the organizations that would help in the creation of thriving and healthy communities. Albertsons awards grants to school and nonprofit programs that meet their focus areas indicated below:
Comprehensive hunger relief and nonprofit food distribution centers.
Health and wellness awareness, disease prevention and management through diet, and education and programming
Healthy lifestyles, nutrition education and promotion, and access to healthy foods.
Albertsons evaluates requests based on the following criteria:
- A clear description of the program
- Quality delivery of a needed service
- Results which are predictable and can be evaluated
- Fiscal and management capability to carry out the program
- Broad-based community support
- Competent, qualified staff and board
- Beneficial to a substantial segment of the community, with special focus on disadvantaged or at-risk populations
- Associate volunteer opportunities
Albertsons does not support:
- Travel or research expenses
- Participation fees in competitive programs
- Organizations that receive over 30% of their funds from the United Way
- Lobbying, religious or political programs
- Organizations not tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS tax code
How to apply for Albertsons Community Investment grants?
Applicants interested in applying for a grant from Albertsons whose program meets one of the three focus areas must review the directions below in submitting their request.
- Select the correct address for the application, based on the organization’s geographical location.
- Download and accomplish the form for Albertsons Grant Application.
- Download and accomplish a W-9 form.
- Send the completed grant application and W-9, and if you are a nonprofit organization, a copy of the 501(c)(3) letter to the correct address above. All grant requests must include the above information or the request will not be reviewed.
If the applicant is located in Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Utah or Wyoming, please send applications to: Albertsons Communications and Public Affairs Department, 250 Park Center Drive, Boise, ID 83726 as per the donation request form.
If the applicant is located in Nevada or California, please send applications to: Albertsons Community Relations Department, 1421 S. Manhattan Avenue, Fullerton, CA 92831.
If the applicant is located in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Florida, Texas or New Mexico and the store is operated by Albertson’s LLC; make your charitable request on their corporate site.
It may take up to 6 weeks to review the request. If the grant request involves an event, the request should be sent at least 8 weeks before the event date.
Where to send applications for Albertsons Community Investment grants?
For more information on Albertsons Community Investment, contact: